Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lost and Found!

Ok, it's been a super-duper long time since I blogged, and I miss it.  So, I'm back (not that anyone ever reads this blog - it's just fun for me).

To catch up - we finally moved and are pretty much settled in our new home and new neighborhood.  We build our new home from the ground up and it was a long process.  The good news is that it's done, we are moved in and life is returning to normal - and we love it! 

On to beauty news!

I'm heading out today to re-purchase an eyeliner that I have worn for a couple of years.  It's MAC PowerPoint liner in Buried Treasure.  It's a super dark brown with tiny little flakes of gold.  Black eyeliner tends to look too dark on me for daytime wear, and this is just perfect.  I'm also going to consider MAC Pro Longwear Eye Liner in Rich Experience.  I saw it reviewed on makeupandbeautyblog.com (a beauty blogger I read often) - check out her review here.   It is also a very dark brown eye liner, but has no gold or shimmer.  I'm so oily on my face that I need these long wearing eyeliners just to get me to the afternoon (I typically have to reapply my make-up after lunch).

I'm also planning to purchase a few things that Kristina reviewed on her blog - PrettyShinySparkly (another blog I love to read/view).  She did a great Best of 2012 product review here so be sure to check it out. There were a few things on her review that I plan to try for myself - Maybelline Color Tattoo, Revlon Color Ready Concealer, and Rimmel Stay Matte powder.  Excited to try those (especially if I get an Ulta coupon in the paper this weekend).  I'm excited to try the Maybelline Color Tattoo, as eye color and liner tend to slide off me).

I'm realizing that I need more anti-aging products in my daily skin care routine.  The first step was to get a new skin care routine.  My skin had a very rough year.  It began to revolt against products that I've been using for some time.  I was getting a LOT of breakouts and my once always oily skin started to have dry patches.  I'll always be on the hunt for great skincare products!  Right now, I am using Mary Kay's Timewise products.  I needed to test my skins reaction to anti-aging and extra moisture. I had gotten out of the habit of using moisturizer (especially during summer months).  I'm wondering if that is the reason for my skins revolt!  I'm sure that the stress of building a house and moving had a lot to do with it as well.

I'm still a Birchbox subscriber.  I enjoy it a lot.  I haven't used much in the last couple of boxes, since I've been moving and such, but I'll try to review the January box when it arrives (got the notice that it shipped last this week, so it should be next week).


3 comments:

  1. I've always loved Oil of Olay (and still do), but I've been using Philosophy "take a deep breath," at night, and I love it. It makes my face perfectly smooth and I'm using a tinted moisturizer, now, instead of foundation. I also really, really love Algenist's Restorative Night cream, but it's out of my price range. I wish they would make it more affordable, because it's amazing. I've tried SO, so many creams, but I have my favorites. The unscented ones/natural ones (Juice Beauty Day Cream) always seem to get the best results , for me. Clinique is a great allergen-free line--foundation is beautiful and never breaks me out (they give free samples at the counter). I buy Clinique when they're doing the bonus days (get free stuff with your purchase). I love a lot of brands--Cover Girl & Olay, Clinique, Tarte, and Rimmel. I love, love, love Physician's Formula loose powder. It's talc-free and looks flawless. You only need a little (goes a long ways, because it's finely milled). Also, if you're oily, then you should consider a gel-based moisturizer, if you don't already know this :) I always use those Ulta coupons, too! :D I wrote more than I thought I would lol. I love beauty products, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, and I keep meaning to try Maybelline Color Tattoo, too! Need to remember that. Birchbox/Ispy keep me stocked in eye liner and stuff, so I don't browse for it as much as I used to. Revlon has some really fun palettes out, right now, too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your suggestions! I'm interested in Algenists Restorative Night cream - I'll have to check it out. I tried Clinique a number of years ago, and I had an allergic reaction to it. I was disappointed, because as much as I love beauty products and make up - I love FREE make up even more (the gift with purchase!). I downloaded an Ulta coupon today, so I will have to try the Color Tattoo soon. I bought the eye liners I wanted, so I'll post more about them later. Thanks so much for replying and reading!

      Delete